I see my last quiz was too simple! There are some serious Tintin maniacs out there. Not only that, the answers left me confounded, blistering barnacles, because I haven't read the Jo/Jette/Zocko series... So here is one more quiz for you Tintin freaks. And I've relaxed the rules: you can take this one even if your name is Tanuj. But NO GOOGLE-ing!
Please email me the answers so you don't give them away.
I may come up with more such. Twist my arm.
1) Which character in the Tintin books has the longest name? Extra credit: why does he reveal it?
2) Most of the books have one or more large panel drawings of some relevant scene, clearly used by Herge to showcase his mastery of detail. In one such, you find a beloved character from an entirely different series of books that Herge had nothing to do with. Which scene from which Tintin adventure am I talking about, and who's the character?
3) Once upon a time, India manufactured three models of cars. One of those makes an appearance in a Tintin adventure. Which car? Which adventure?
4) At different times and in different books, at least two different sets of guests turn up uninvited to live in Captain Haddock's home, Marlinspike. One is the Wagg family. Who is the other? Which adventure?
5) Who is Dr Midge?
6) The same thing happens to Professor Cantonneau in two different adventures. What, and which adventures?
7) What is "fidgy! fidgy! fidgy!"?
8) What does Captain Haddock have in common with the Maharajah of Gopal, Baron Halmaszout, the Lord Chamberlain of Syldavia, Colonel Sponsz and the Marquis of Gorgonzola?
9) Djebel Amilah is not her real name. What is?
10) "'Only three days', said Columbus, and I will give you a new world!" Who said this, to whom, why, what did they say next, and in what adventure?