At an airport a few days ago, waiting for a flight, I looked along the row of seats I was in. Occupying most of the row, from right to left, were:
* a mother, grey jacket and green tee, wearing earphones and peering at her phone.
* her husband, red jacket and yellow tee, wearing earphones and tapping at his phone.
* Their son, playing with a handheld game, its case black.
* His sister, playing with a handheld game, its case red.
* A man, light blue shirt, peering at his phone and stabbing at it periodically with a grey stylus.
* A man, green tee, pressing the buttons on his phone.
* A man working on a laptop and wearing headphones that feed into the laptop, wearing running shorts and gleaming black leather dress shoes.
* A man, beige tee and tennis shoes, scribbling all of the above into a little orange pad. Me.