So you think we should not refer to the late KR Narayanan as India's first Dalit President?
Fine. Therefore the same logic would have us:
1) Stop referring to the fast bowler Sreesanth as the only the second Kerala cricketer to play for India; he's a cricketer, is all.
2) Stop calling the late Phoolan Devi the "Bandit Queen"; she was a MP, is all.
3) Stop referring to Sonia Gandhi's Italian birth; she's Indian, is all.
4) Stop calling it "Islamic terrorism"; it is terrorism, is all.
5) Stop calling people "Hindus" or "Muslims" or "Christians"; they are people, is all.
6) Stop finding pride (or anything else) in how India has a Muslim President, a Sikh Prime Minister and a Christian heading its ruling political party; they are Indians, is all.
7) Write your own in this space.