* "You know one thing? Anger is the cause of all disease. You should know how to control it. Otherwise life will become miserable. Try to understand that. Last but not least ..."
* "Daddy, don't change the topic! Come to my matter."
* "Mother first. All next. Including God. Yessss."
* "Better don't come in my way."
* "What a man!"
* "Is he your dad? I thought he'd look like an aristocrat, but he is looking like a country man!"
* "Why is he wearing a bedsheet and curtains?"
Enough hints. What memorable cultural artifact is buzzing in my mind?
January 04, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I invite you to visit my blog on Indian Politics.
Jo Zette and Jocko, Valley of Cobras ?
You cultural ignoramuses! (Which I was, till a few days ago).
These are lines from that classic of film-making, Padayappa. Starring the inimitable Rajnikanth performing innumerable flashy sound-effected salutes and fights.
Now you know.
PS: That in two days only two people attempted responses suggests two possibilities:
1) Nobody reads this blog.
2) Nobody has heard of Rajnikanth, or Padayappa.
Since #1 is obviously false (I read this blog), I therefore am forced to conclude that #2 is true.
Bedsheets and curtains did me in.
And I didn't figure you were a statistician when I did my arithmetic!
What say you and me think up a Ponzi scheme to popularize Ranjikanth? Syaaaaah what?
my first guess was "muthu" because the father rajni character is a bohemian draped in a blanket. then I gave up because to my poor pop-culture quotient.
next time I try to guess one of these I should guess a 100 times!
I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Death Ends Fun’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;
BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!
This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)
You know : "What a Man!" should have given it away - I though of Padayyapa as soon as I read it, but never in the world did I think that you would feature Thanga Thalaaivar on this blog - you Sir, continue to surprise.
Post a Comment